12 oz milk chocolate
6 oz dark chocolate
6 oz pink chocolate
1 cup Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle (crumbled)
2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup butter (cubed)
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
12 pretzel rods
1. Depending on what kind of chocolate you choose you may need to temper chocolate before you start dipping. Tempering chocolate involves melting and heating it to about 110°, letting it cool to below 80°, and then bringing it back up and holding it around 90°. A double boiler is useful when preparing your chocolate this way.
2. For this recipe we will use an easier method of melting your chocolate. You can use chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts that you can find in any craft store.
3. I like to take the brownie brittle and break it into smaller pieces or even crush it to make more of a crumble to put on top. Put on plate and set to the side until ready to use.
4. You can choose to use store bought wrapped caramels, easy to find at any grocery store or homemade caramel. Next are directions for either choice.
5. To use wrapped caramels (14 oz bag): In a microwave safe dish, combine unwrapped caramels and 1 TBS water. Microwave for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until smooth, stirring after each minute.
6. For homemade caramel: In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter. Bring to just over a boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat, add milk and stir. Return to heat and reduce to medium low. Stir until candy thermometer reads 245 degrees. Keep warm.
7. Place the milk and white chocolate in separate microwave-safe bowls. Microwave one bowl on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir with a rubber spatula. You can then heat again in 30 second increments until you chocolate is thoroughly melted. Wash and dry the spatula. Then do the same for the other bowls of chocolate pieces.
8. While melting chocolate take a baking sheet and line with parchment paper. This is where you will lay your pretzel rods to set.
9. Begin by dipping your pretzel rods into melted caramel. You may use a spoon to to help you cover all of rod leaving just the end that you are holding uncovered. Then set down pretzel on parchment lined baking tray to cool.
10. Once all pretzels are cooled you can then dip in your milk chocolate making sure to cover all caramel. Again a spoon may be helpful in coating. Place back onto parchment lined tray.
11. Now you can take your crumbled brownie brittle and sprinkle over the chocolate dipped pretzel rods. Let cool and set for a bit.
12. Once cooled, you can then drizzle the dark chocolate and pink chocolate over pretzel rods. I find a fork or spoon an effective way to drizzle chocolate. It will help keep your toppings on your pretzel rods while also giving it a decorative touch.
13. You can then let pretzel rods cool at room temperature or refrigerate to cool faster.
14. Your treats will keep for weeks sealed in airtight container or bag.
This recipe was created by DiptOnline.com