Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle™ Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract/li>
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cooking spray
- 4 oz bag of Sheila G’s Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle, broken into nickel-size pieces
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain; cool slightly.
Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla). Mash the warm sweet potato mixture with a potato masher. Fold in 1/4 c walnuts. Scrape potato mixture into an even layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle top with marshmallows and place the pieces of Brown Brittle into the bed of marshmallows. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden.