8 ounces cream cheese, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 cup cold heavy cream
1 cup cold sour cream
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons strawberry jam or preserves
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 heaping cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
6 ounces Brownie Brittle, crumbled (I used a mixture of Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chip)
1. Prep and freeze your ice cream maker bowl according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Using your electric stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, blend together the cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, sour cream, lemon juice, strawberry jam and vanilla extract until smooth, scraping down the sides of your mixing bowl as needed.
3. Remove your mixing bowl from the stand mixer and using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the fresh strawberries by hand until well incorporated. Cover and seal well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to one hour.
4. Remove your ice cream mixture from the refrigerator and pour in the crumbled Brownie Brittle and mix well. Pour this mixture into your very cold ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Transfer to an airtight, freezer safe container and freeze for at least 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
Recipe makes about 1 quart of ice cream
Created by Alice with HipFoodieMom.com