1¼ cups white whole wheat flour (168g)
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup mashed banana (about 1 large banana)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg white
¼ cup + 3 tablespoons honey
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
⅓ cup crushed Toffee Crunch Brownie Brittle
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a medium sized food processor, combine the mashed banana, vanilla extract, egg white, honey, and almond milk. Process until well combined and smooth.
4. Stir the banana mixture and the mini chocolate chips into the dry ingredients until just moistened, do not over mix.
5. Fill the muffin tins ¾ of the way full, and sprinkle the crushed Brownie Brittle on top of each, lightly pressing down to adhere it to the muffin.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffins comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
7. Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 25 minutes. Yield: 7 muffins.
NOTE: Muffins are best the same day they are baked, or may be stored in the freezer until ready to eat to keep the Brownie Brittle topping nice and crunchy.
Created by Food Blogger Taylor with FoodFaithFitness.com